Spanish Language Summer Program: Day #3
For our third day of the Spanish Language Summer Program we had story time with Sofia en una Aventura por la Selva by Giselle Shardlow.
As I read Sofía en una Aventura por la Selva in Spanish, I pointed out some key words in English to benefit the little ones. Before each yoga pose, I asked the children what did they see in the picture? If it was an animal I’d ask them what noises did they make? Then I had them repeat the words in Spanish after me: autobús, tucán, jaguar, etc.
My little helper was by my side, and he instructed the children how to do each of the yoga poses.
The yoga poses in the picture from top to bottom are:
- Autobús (Postura de la montaña)
- Tucán (Postura del guerrero)
- Jaguar (Postura del gato)
- Saludar al Sol (Saludo al sol)
- Mariposas (Postura del zapatero)
- Bus – Mountain Pose
- Toucan – Warrior 3 Pose
- Jaguar – Cat Pose
- Salute the Sun – Sun Salute
- Butterfly – Cobbler’s Pose