Low Fat Flan
1⁄2 bar of fat free cream cheese
4 egg whites
1 can evaporated fat free or 2% milk
1 can fat free condensed milk
For the caramel:
1 cup of sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan over low heat add sugar stirring occasionally until it caramelizes. Transfer the caramelized sugar onto a 8 x 8 inch baking pan and evenly spread throughout the bottom of the pan.
- Place it aside to cool off.
- Blend remaining ingredients in a blender until well mixed.
- Once sugar is cool add blended mixture into the baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil, place in a “Baño Maria” and bake for 1 hour or until knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Once baked remove from oven and ”Bano Maria”, set aside and let cool.
- Place in refrigerator overnight.
- The following day remove it from the baking pan by gently removing it from the edges with a knife, place your serving dish on top covering the baking pan and flip.
This recipe is from Spanglish Baby.
- In a saucepan , boil the two cinnamon sticks with 1/2 cup water , simmer until make a tea . Remove from heat .
- In another pan, without putting it on the stove, combine three cups coconut milk with the cinnamon tea water, salt and sugar.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining cup of coconut milk , strain and add it to the rest of the mixture in the pan and have . Move well with a wooden spoon or whisk and mix well.
- Cook over moderately high heat, stirring constantly with wooden spoon or whisk to avoid lumps . Mix very well.
- Lower the heat so it can simmer and cook for five minutes stirring constantly .
- Remove from heat and pour the mixture into a mold. Or small plastic containers.
- Let cool at room temperature. Refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes so it can finish solidifying.
- When completely cool turn over on a flat platter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and decorate as you like.
- This recipe is from 7 Días de Sabor.