|Images via Commons Wikimedia here, here and here|
- Juan Venegas, Bronze Medal from the 1948 London Games in Boxing.
- Orlando Maldonado, Bronze Medal from the 1976 Montreal Games in Boxing.
- Luis Ortiz, Silver Medal from the 1984 Los Angeles Games in Boxing.
- Aristides Gonzalez, Bronze Medal from the 1984 Los Angeles Games in Boxing.
- Anibal Acevedo, Bronze Medal from the 1992 Barcelona Games in Boxing.
- Daniel Santos, Bronze Medal from the 1996 Atlanta Games in the Boxing.
|Image source Santos on the right|
- Jaime Espinal, Silver Medal from the 2012 London Games in Wrestling.
- Javier Culson, Bronze Medal from the 2012 London Games in Men’s 400 Metres Hurdles.
I’m looking forward to this year’s Olympics, and rooting for my small in size country but huge in heart Puerto Rico!
This post was created for inclusion in the 2016 Olympics for Kids series hosted by Multicultural Kid Blogs.
The Olympics are a wonderful opportunity to teach kids about the world and explore cultures together. Today, you can find more about other sports/games from various countries thanks to our participating bloggers:
Don’t forget that you can also download our Summer Games Unit activity pack to learn more about the world and have fun during the Olympics.